By: Robert Lowery
Posted: Nov. 18, 2011
A hands-on information health fair, titled “Live Long and Prosper While Looking Good and Feeling Well,” comes up Monday, November 21, from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. in the Central Washington University Student Union and Recreation Center Ballroom.
The CWU Department of Physical Education, School and Public Health (PESPH) is presenting the event as part of the College and Education and Professional Studies Lecture Series.
“Each program within PESH [Physical Education and School Health] will have a booth or activity, designed to help those attending in their pursuit to be healthy, or help a family member get healthy,” said Ken Briggs, PESPH chair. “The information will be presented in enlightening and entertaining ways and those who visit all of the booths will be eligible for prize giveaways.”
The booths will include:
• Creative ways to use pedometers to increase your physical activity;
• Heart monitors for everyone;
• What can 10 minutes with a “Fit Ball” do for you?
• An easy way to make healthy food choices;
• Are you self-conscious about dancing but love to move? The latest in Wii dance exercises for everyone;
• Healthy Travel Information;
• Vaccination information for everyone;
• Take home health activities for kids;
• A Day in the Life of a CWU student (research findings); and
• Test Your Sports IQ.
In addition, free flu shots will be available for Central students. The mission of CWU’s PESPH is to promote health and active lifestyles in students and the community.
For more information about the event or department, contact Briggs at 509-963-1911 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org